This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #StarsofSummer #CollectiveBias
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Parfaits – A super simple treat to make for all your summer parties that is sure to impress! Simply layer Marie Callender’s® Dutch Apple Pie, Reddi–wip®, and salted caramel sauce in individual cups and serve immediately.
Another weekend, another jam-packed schedule. Each weekend this month has been absolutely insanely busy and this weekend was no exception. I had such a blast visiting with college friends and seeing parts of my city that we don’t see that often. Reunion weekends are the best! What kinds of fun things did you get into this past weekend?
This coming weekend, we’re still somewhat busy but only for one day. Our neighborhood is hosting a pool party for the residents. It’s gonna be a great time for us to chat with neighbors, hang by the pool, and eat some killer food. I was thinking about bringing a dessert that is (1) the perfect summer treat and (2) also super easy to feed a crowd.
With the help from Marie Callender’s® Dutch Apple Pie and Reddi–wip®, I came up with the PERFECT dessert for this and all other summertime celebrations this season. It has the classic flavors of apple pie but in an easy-to-serve treat. Check out these Salted Caramel Apple Pie Parfaits!!
One bite of this dessert and you’re guests aren’t gonna know what hit them. Apple pie, Reddi-wip, cinnamon, and salted caramel?! I mean, how could they NOT go head over heels over this dessert?! And they won’t have any clue how easy it was for you to make.
Ok so exactly how easy is this dessert? Let’s break it down.
Instead of slaving away for hours on a from-scratch apple pie, I used Marie Callender’s Dutch Apple Pie since it has the quality of homemade, with real, wholesome ingredients. I simply baked it according to instructions and let it cool for an hour or so. If it’s too hot, it will melt the Reddi-wip before you have a chance to serve it so make sure to let it cool!
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Parfaits
For the parfaits:
- 1 Marie Callender's Dutch Apple Pie cooked according to package instructions, cooled to room temperature
- 2 6.5-ounce cans Original Reddi-Wip
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8-10 plastic cups for serving
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter salted, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To assemble parfaits:
- Place a layer of Original Reddi-Wip in the bottom of a small plastic cup. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Scoop 2 tablespoons Marie Callender's Dutch Apple Pie (with crust) and layer on top of Reddi-Wip. Drizzle a little salted caramel sauce on top. Repeat layers one more time. Finish with a final layer of Reddi-Wip, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately with a spoon. Enjoy!
To make caramel sauce:
- Place sugar in medium saucepan and heat to medium. Stir constantly with a silicone spatula (make sure it can handle high heat temps!). As the caramel begins to liquefy, scrape from the bottom and mix back into the granulated pieces. The sugar will clump but eventually it will melt again and turn a deep amber brown. Make sure you are still stirring so it does not burn.
- Once the sugar is melted, add butter and stir until butter is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Use a whisk to incorporate the butter with the sugar.
- Very, very slowly, add the cream to the sugar mixture while whisking. The mixture will start to bubble violently, but keep stirring and it will calm down. Allow it to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Transfer to storage container (such as a mason jar) and allow it too cool for at least 1 hour before using.
Pin for later:
More desserts that you’re gonna love: