Citrus Almond Salad
Servings: 3 entree salads
For the citrus vinaigrette:
- 1 small shallot minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 small navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds roasted and salted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced chicken breast
Add all the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk together. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut tops and bottoms off the navel oranges. Place the cut bottom of one of the oranges onto a cutting board. Using a knife, cut off the rest of the orange peel so the white membrane is removed, Cut out the segments using a pairing knife. Place segments in a large bowl. Repeat with second orange.
Add other salad ingredients to the large bowl with the oranges. Add half of the dressing to the salad and toss it all together. Taste the salad and add more dressing, if necessary. Serve immediately.