Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
A warm red velvet cookie with an ooey gooey center and chocolate chips mixed throughout. Once you try a bite of this dessert, you won't want to share!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter softened, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red food coloring gel (depending on the shade you desire)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare oven-safe 10-inch skillet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla and mix on slow until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined. Add to butter mixture and mix on low until combined. Add almost all the chocolate chips to the dough and mix for 5-10 seconds on low until combined. The remaining chips will be placed on top before baking.
Place dough in skillet and spread out with a spatula until you create an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the center is almost set. You still want it to be gooey when serving. Let cookie cool for a couple minutes.
Top with two scoops of ice cream and serve while still warm.