Holiday Mule – Ginger beer, cranberry juice, vodka, apple cider, and Prosecco are combined to make this perfect drink for the Holiday season.
The holidays ain’t over yet! We have New Year’s Eve coming in a few days so we need a great cocktail to ring in 2023. This Holiday Mule is just the drink you need. This recipe makes a large batch, perfect for any gathering.
To make this mule, you’re just throwing the ingredients in a pitcher with some fruit and giving it a stir. That’s it! There’s no reason to not make this holiday mule before the end of 2022!
Here is my Holiday Mule!
Tricks & Tips
- Do not make ahead. Drinks with bubbles should not be made ahead because those bubbles turn flat over time. The Prosecco and ginger beer have bubbles so this drink cannot be made ahead of time. Also, the rind in the fruit leaves an odd taste in the mules if there for more than 24 hours. So the best thing to do is to make this the day you plan to serve it.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice. Do not use cranberry juice cocktail in this drink. It has too much sugar. Instead, use an unsweetened cranberry juice.
- Ginger beer vs ginger ale. Ginger beer is less sweet and packs more of a bite than ginger ale. You shouldn’t interchange these because ginger beer
Servings: 8 drinks
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1½ cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1½ cups vodka
- 12 ounces ginger beer
- 1 750-mL bottle Prosecco
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- cinnamon sticks for serving
- Add the cider, vodka, and cranberry juice in a very large pitcher (you may need two pitchers for this recipe). Stir together. Add in ginger beer and Prosecco. Finish off by slicing apple and orange into thin rounds and placing into the pitcher. Add in the cranberries and stir.
- To serve, add glass to a copper glass or serving glass. Fill with punch, letting some cranberries and a slice of fruit get into the glass. Serving with a cinnamon stick.
Hayley Dhanecha says
Such a tasty and easy drink! Used up all those leftover cranberries we bought for Christmas. Guest loved it too!
This mule was simple to make and tasted amazing! A new favorite that I will be making every year!
I made these last night for New Year’s Eve, and they were a hit! Loved the cranberry and apple cider together — such a tasty combo.
This is such an awesome drink, looks so delicious! The color and aura it gives just make this so enticing! Everybody would definitely love it!
These were so festive and cheery! They were a hit among everyone who had one. Thanks!
Moscow Mules are my favorite drink! This one was so delicious! I will be making this all year round! Thanks for the recipe share!
What a perfect holiday cocktail! I served these at my party last weekend and everyone loved them.
A fun and festive drink for the holidays. Perfect for parties. Always a hit with the guests.
We loved this cocktail! The ginger wasn’t too strong and the apple cider and prosecco made is so delicious.
Amazing presentation and tempting color. This Holiday Mule is a burst of flavors. I will surely love to make it.
Just in time for New Years! I know what we will be having now! Thanks for another great cocktail.
This recipe could not come at a more perfect time. I’m throwing a holiday party later in the week and have been looking for a fun, festive cocktail. My family loves traditional mules, and this one sounds like it’s right up our alley.
The flavors here are absolutely perfect for the holidays. I think this might be the best holiday cocktail I”ve seen.
This was absolutely delicious! I love the flavor the ginger gives the cranberries.
Love holiday mules! I’m not a big fan of a classic mule, I think because the ginger always comes out strong. But with a nice blend of flavors in the mix, it’s just awesome.
I made this mule last night for our friend gift exchange and everyone loved it! So flavorful and easy to make!