Chicken Caesar Wrap – Romaine lettuce is tossed with homemade Caesar dressing, grilled chicken, Parmesan cheese, and croutons and then wrapped in a plain wrap.
The Chicken Caesar Wrap is one of the latest food trends taking over TikTok. But I have been enjoying these wraps for almost two decades. I used to have them for lunch breaks at my first job at Islands of Adventure in Orlando. I loved that I could get the crunch of lettuce wrapped in the palm of my hand with the perfect amount of Caesar dressing in every bite.
I believe the best time to enjoy this wrap is the summertime, so I thought this would be the best time to share the recipe with you all. I am also including the recipe for my homemade Caesar dressing. It’s the best Caesar dressing I’ve ever had, includes those versions found at upscale restaurants. It’s so vibrant and flavorful. You won’t believe that you made something so wonderful!
Without further ado, here is my Chicken Caesar Wrap!
Tips & Tricks
- Mince the anchovies. For the best flavor and texture, make sure you mince the anchoives into very small pieces and then smash them into a paste.
- Make the dressing the day before. The dressing’s flavor builds the longer the ingredients sit together. This means that is will taste better after 24 hours than it does immediately after making it. As such, I like making the dressing the day before I plan to use it.
- Toss the chicken in the dressing first. To give the chicken tons of Caesar flavor, I like to toss the diced chicken in it first, and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Don’t overfill the wrap. If you overfill the wrap, you will not be able to roll it up, and may even rip the wrap attempting to.
Chicken Caesar Wrap
For the wrap
- ½ cup diced grilled chicken
- 3 tablespoons homemade Caesar dressing recipe below
- 1 head romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely shredded
- 10 croutons
For the Caesar dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese finely shredded
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovies finely minced and smashed into paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dressing into a large bowl. Add diced chicken and toss together to combined. Add in shredded romaine, Parmesan cheese, and croutons and toss together.
- Grab a large plain wrap. Place half of the mix in the center of the wrap. Fold in the side edges and then fold the bottom edge over the center and tuck under the lettuce. Roll wrap over to seal. Make a second wrap with the other half of the salad mix.
- Cut wraps in half and serve.