Chicken Ranch Wraps – Flour tortillas are stuffed with grilled chicken, Monterrey jack cheese, ranch dressing, and chopped cilantro and then grilled to heat through and seal. Perfect for snacks, dinner, or parties!
Easy dinners never get old. And with a baby on the way, I’m gonna need a whole lot more of these to get me through those hectic days!
I’ve got a few easy recipes on my blog already, like these Easy Meatball Subs, Taco Spaghetti, and my favorite Cilantro Chicken Bites. But I’m surprised that I don’t have a single easy sandwich or wrap recipe yet.
So today, I have a super simple wrap recipe that can be eaten for dinner or snack or appetizer that me and my husband both loooove. And surprise – it has cilantro in it! Check out my Chicken Ranch Wraps!
When I say that these chicken ranch wraps are easy, I mean EASY! From start to finish, they’ll take you no more than 15 minutes to throw together. And they’re so versatile – you can use whatever chicken you want, whatever ranch dressing you want, and even add in more ingredients, if that’s what you’re feeling.
To make the wraps, I used medium flour tortillas – not the small taco-sized and not the huge burrito -sized. I think the ones I got are called fajita tortillas but all you need to know is that they’re about 6 inches wide.
Take the tortilla and top with precooked chicken, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, a drizzle of ranch dressing, and a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro. I love Monterrey jack cheese for these because of the slight flavor in the cheese. Mozzarella works fine too, if you like that better – it’s just a little bland for my taste.
After you’ve added all the fillings, it’s time to roll them up! You roll them up just like you would a burrito. Make sure you wrap them nice and tight so they don’t unwrap before we seal them on the stove.
To seal them, I just placed them on a skillet over medium heat and cooked on both sides. It takes about 6 minutes to heat them through, but you don’t want the tortilla to burn before the center is hot so don’t raise the temperature of the skillet above medium!
Here are a few more tips you might want to note when making these wraps:
- I love the texture of freshly shredded cheese – it’s softer and melts better. So I bought an 8 ounce block of cheese and shredded it myself. Highly recommended!
- As mentioned above, make sure to wrap up the wraps tight so they don’t unseal as you try to eat them.
- For the chicken, I bought pre-cooked chicken but you can easily use left over rotisserie chicken or grill up some fresh chicken yourself. Hey, you can easily use fried chicken tenders, if you have those laying around.
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you enjoy this yummy, easy recipe. If you have any incredible easy recipes that are a MUST, please send them my way. I’m going to need a bunch of them in the next couple of months!
Chicken Ranch Wraps
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 12 ounces grilled chicken chopped
- 8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lay out one flour tortilla. Add 1/3 cup chopped chicken, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon ranch, and a sprinkle of cilantro. Roll wrap tightly like a burrito. Set aside, seal-side down. Repeat with other 5 tortillas.
- Heat skillet to medium-low heat. Add 3 tortillas to skillet, seal-side down, and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until seared and browned. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat with 3 other tortillas.
- Slice wraps in half and serve with more ranch dressing.
Pin for later:
More recipes you’ll love: