Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies – Fudgy brownies are taken up a few notches with the addition of raspberry swirl cheesecake.
As I’ve mentioned numerous times before, my previous work in the food service industry has greatly influenced many of the recipes you’ll find on this blog. There was this vanilla bean cheesecake that I fell in love with while working at TGI Fridays. And let’s not forget the black & white cookies that I tried for the first time while working at Starbucks. Who knows where my tastebuds would be if not for these two jobs!
Today’s recipe is another part of the collection of treats that I tasted during my time at Starbucks. It combines two incredible sweet treats in one – cheesecake and brownies. How could you possibly go wrong with that duo?!
And to make it even better, it’s just not any cheesecake people – it’s raspberry cheesecake. You guys know how much I love raspberry. So let’s recap…cheesecake, brownie, raspberry. Drooling yet?
If not, you sure will be after these photos!
Upon my first bite of this brownie, it captured my heart. It has all the things I look for in a brownie: chewy, gooey, incredibly moist. And with the addition of the raspberry cheesecake, it has a layer of sweet and tart flavors that help balance out the richness of the chocolate. How dreamy is that?! It sure was a struggle to work next to a brownie like that and not inhale it immediately.
But if I had to pick a favorite part of this brownie, it’s the little pockets of raspberry puree. They’re such a contrast to the rest of the brownie, so each bite of it is so refreshing to me.
To make this brownie, it’s actually easier than you think. It’s not super complicated, but it does take a few steps. Let’s break it down:
- Make brownie mix and pour into baking dish
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla to make cheesecake layer. Pour on top of brownie
- Puree raspberries and sugar and drizzle over cheesecake layer
- Bake until set
- Cool before diving in
Of the steps above, number 5 is the most underrated, yet arguably the most important. If you want the cheesecake brownies to come out in perfect bars, you need to let them cool. Have you ever tried cutting a brownie when it’s warm. Big mess. But imagine with a layer of cheesecake on top…nearly impossible! I even chill my brownies to make them even easier to slice.
And while I’m at, here are a few more tips to make sure these brownies comes out perfectly:
- As a rule, whenever using cream cheese in baking, you ALWAYS want to make sure it’s room temperature. It’s much easier to work with at room temperature and it will comes out extra creamy this way. If you’ve ever tried to beat cream cheese while cold, you’ve noticed that the cream cheese had lumps in it. That’s because it was cold.
- Always make sure you are using great chocolate, especially when it’s the star of a recipe. I used Ghiradelli for this recipe. Guittard or Bakers are also great choices.
- The raspberry puree was giving me issues in my blender because I wasn’t adding any extra liquid. But then I started to shake it up a bit while it was blending and it pureed perfectly. I don’t have a fancy blender so that was probably why it struggled. Moral of the story – if my blender could puree these berries, yours can too.
So after reading all about these incredible brownies, which part is going to be your favorite? The cheesecake, the brownie, or the raspberry swirl?? Let me know in the comments below!
Pin for later:
More desserts you’d love: