My Favorite Pumpkin Loaf – The most moist, perfectly spiced pumpkin loaf. I make this every year and freeze extra for leftovers. It’s my all-time favorite loaf cake.
I think we’re far enough into September to officially welcome in pumpkin season, don’t you? I mean, I already have heirloom pumpkins sitting on my front porch and pumpkin coffee brewing in my coffee pot so why not start up the fall baking too?!
My first pumpkin baked good is ALWAYS this pumpkin loaf. In fact, it is My Favorite Pumpkin Loaf of all time, mostly due to it’s balanced flavor and perfectly moist texture. My whole family is obsessed with it, even my picky 5-year old.
To make this loaf, it’s all done by hand – no stand-mixer required! First, the dry ingredients are whisked in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. The wet ingredients are slowly folded into the dry ingredients until combined. The batter is split between two greased loaf pans and baked until cooked-through. That’s all there is to it!
Here is My Favorite Pumpkin Loaf, that I hope will become your favorite, too!
Tips & Tricks
- Do not over-mix. Be very careful not to over-mix this batter. If you mix too much, it will make the bread tense and tough.
- Cook times may vary. The type of pan that you use can slightly affect the cook time. For example, my glass loaf pan, took 50 minutes, but my aluminum loaf pan only took 45 minutes.
- Grease pan well. To ensure the cake comes out of the pan easily without breaking, you should grease the loaf pans well.
My Favorite Pumpkin Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two rectangle loaf pans by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices to a large bowl. Whisk together to combine. In a separate medium bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, oil, and eggs together. Whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and fold together.
- Divide batter evenly among the two prepared loaf pans. Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from loaf pan to cool completely. Serve slightly warm or room temperature.