Apple Cider Bundt Cake – A perfectly spiced Bundt cake sweetened with apple cider
Pumpkin tends to steal the show over this season but there are so many other incredible flavors that should be enjoyed during the fall. Apples, especially, are wonderful this time of year so I love to make lots of apple treats and even some apple cider ones.
Today’s recipe celebrates all things apple. It’s a lovely bundt cake made with apple cider and applesauce so it’s got a bite of apple flavor that you can’t miss. A little cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger help add just enough spice to balance out the sweetness. This cake is incredible and is not to be overlooked!
Here is the Apple Cider Bundt Cake!
Tips & Tricks
- Do not overmix. As is true for all batters (cake, muffin, doughnuts, etc), you do NOT want to overmix. This will make the dough super tough, instead of light and fluffy. So even if you have a stand mixer, that does not mean you can walk away while everything is mixing. No, ma’am. Only let it mix until just combined.
- Reduce temp for dark pans. Pans that are dark metal can cause the cake to cook faster on the edges while the center is slightly raw. In that case, I reduce the oven temp to 325 degrees.
- Fresh apple cider is preferred. During the fall season, you can find fresh apple cider in the refrigerated juice section. This cider has the best flavor so I highly recommend using it vs the preserved version.
Apple Cider Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 tablespoons butter unsalted, softened
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
For the coating:
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix vanilla, apple cider, and applesauce together. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium until whipped, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until smooth. Add half of the cider mixture to the mixture and mix until smooth. Repeat until you end with the last 1/3 of the flour mixture. Stir together with a spatula to ensure all the butter, flour, and cider is all combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan and smooth top. Bake in preheated oven until center is cooked-through, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and place onto serving plate. Mix cinnamon and sugar together for the topping. Brush cake with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.