Apple Pie Egg Rolls – Cinnamon apples are rolled into an egg roll wrapper with a little cream cheese and air fried until crispy. They are finished with a roll in cinnamon sugar.
My air fryer has certainly surprised me. I was worried it would be another appliance striving to be the next big thing and then falling flat. But in reality, it’s be super useful for making foods crispy without all the pain of frying in oil. I’ve made chicken wings, baked potatoes, French fries, and now I have a sweet treat to add to the list – Apple Pie Egg Rolls!
These apple pie egg rolls are made with refrigerated egg roll wrappers that you can find at any grocery store. My store had them in the produce section near the tofu. Each wrapper is filled with a little cream cheese and diced cinnamon sugar apples and rolled into an egg roll.
Butter cooking spray is sprayed on each one before they get fried to perfection in the air fryer. They get finished off with a little roll in more cinnamon sugar. I love to dip mine in caramel sauce for a little extra decadence.
Here are my Apple Pie Egg Rolls!
Tips & Tricks
- Dice the apples into small pieces. If the apple pieces are too large, it will make the egg rolls hard to roll and the egg rolls also will not cook evenly.
- Watch an egg roll tutorial. I needed a little help rolling my egg rolls so I watched a couple YouTube videos to get the hang of it. Here is a good one I recommend.
- Flip the egg rolls. During the air frying process, the egg rolls must be flipped to ensure even browning and prevent burning.
- Air frying only. This recipe has only been tested in the air fryer. If you are going to fry in oil, do so at your own risk.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 3 cups peeled and diced granny smith apples
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3½ teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 refrigerated egg roll wrappers
- 1 8-ounce tub cream cheese
- butter cooking spray
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce for dipping
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Add diced apples, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, cornstarch, and salt to a medium bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Grab one wonton wrapper and place on a clean counter in front of you, with a corner pointing towards you. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese thinly over the egg roll wrapper, leaving the edges clean. Scoop ⅓ cup of diced apple and lay in a horizontal line through the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold over the bottom corner over the center and gently, yet tightly pull over the center. Fold over the right and left corners of the wonton wrapper over the middle so they meet in the center. Brush a little water on the edges to seal them. Brush water on the top corner and roll it around the egg roll to seal it closed. Repeat with other 7 egg roll wrappers.
- Place 4 egg rolls in the air fryer once it's preheated. Spray with butter cooking spray and then air fry for 5 minutes. Flip the egg rolls and air fry for 5 more minutes. Remove from the air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes. Repeat with 4 remaining egg rolls.
- Add 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to shallow, wide-rimmed bowl. Add remaining cinnamon and then stir together. Once the egg rolls have cooled for 5 minutes, spray with more butter cooking spray and then roll in cinnamon sugar. Serve with caramel sauce for dipping.