Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato Fries – Sweet potatoes are tossed in garlic, lime zest, and olive oil, baked to perfection, and finished with a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro
Alright guys – the moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here…I have some baby photos to share!
We received our newborn shots of baby Luciana and I’m proud to show them off to you today. And then we’ll get to today’s recipe, promise!
Isn’t she the most adorable thing ever?! Sure, I’m a little biased but she truly is precious.
Okay, now that we’ve got the gushing over baby out of the way, let’s get to today’s recipe, shall we?!
Cilantro and lime is a combination that is rivaling peanut butter and chocolate for my favorite food duo ever. Don’t believe me? Just look at all the cilantro and lime recipes that I have on the blog already:
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Grilled Cilantro & Lime Chicken Skewers
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Bites
- Avocado and Charred Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
So when I stumbled upon this recipe for Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato Fries, I was immediately drawn to it. Not only did it have this killer combination of flavors but it was also exciting to see sweet potato fries made in such a unique way.
And look how incredible they turned out!
The thing I love most about these fries is how easy they are to make. They’re made in the oven which makes them somewhat healthy and also super simple to make.
The hardest part of the whole process is cutting the sweet potatoes. Have you tried cutting a large sweet potato into sticks? It’s hard to keep the sweet potato from rolling all over the cutting board. But I have a great tip for you to make it easier! Slice off a sliver from the side of a sweet potato so that edge is flat and no longer round. That will keep it from rolling everywhere.
After you cut the sweet potatoes, you throw them into a large ziplock bag along with the other ingredients, toss them around, pour them out onto a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes. Simple as that!
Here are a few more tips I learned while making these fries that will ensure they come out perfectly for you:
- The thinner you cut the fries, the crispier they will turn out. I had a few fries that were on the thick side and they remained super moist and almost soggy.
- Mince the garlic as fine as you can. This will ensure that the garlic is distributed evenly among all the fries and that you don’t get a big bite of garlic.
- These fries are best enjoyed the moment you cook them. If you need to reheat them, however, I recommend baking them in the oven – do not microwave or they’ll end up soggy.
There you have it – yet another yummy cilantro lime recipe to add to the collection. It’s safe to say I’m officially obsessed with these flavors. What other ways can I highlight cilantro & lime in a yummy recipe? Share your ideas with me in the comments below!
Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes into sticks. Add to a large ziplock bag with lime zest, garlic, olive oil, and flour. Close bag and shake to evenly coat the sweet potatoes with the ingredients.
- Empty sweet potatoes only large greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, toss fries to move them around, and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt and chopped cilantro. Finish with a few squeezes of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with ranch dipping sauce.
Pin for later:
More recipes you’ll love: