Rice Cooker Spanish Rice – Jasmine rice is cooked with chicken broth, onions, tomatoes, and spices to make it super flavorful, but also easy to do! Just throw the ingredients in a rice cooker and watch it all come together!
Making rice in a rice cooker if my favorite method. I always seem to burn rice when made on the stove. No matter what I do! But since using a rice cooker almost a decade ago, my rice comes out perfectly fluffy every time. I love that I can just add the ingredients, turn on the cooker, and it does all the work.
Today, I’d like to share my recipe for a flavorful rice you can do in the rice cooker. That’s right – just because you’re using a rice cooker doesn’t mean the rice has to be plain. This recipe is for my Rice Cooker Spanish Rice, made with tomatoes, onions, and spices. You just throw all the ingredients in the pot, cover, and turn on. The work is all done for you!
Here is my Rice Cooker Spanish Rice!
Tips & Tricks
- Include tomato juice. When measuring the canned diced tomatoes, make sure to include some of the juice. We need this juice to help cook the rice.
- Dice onions and mince garlic small. To ensure the onions and garlic blend well into the rice, make sure they are diced/minced into small pieces.
- Don’t skip chicken broth. Chicken broth is essential to the flavor of this rice. So don’t substitute it for water.
Rice Cooker Spanish Rice
- 1 cups basmati rice uncooked
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Rinse the rice in a strainer to remove the extra starch. Drain well.
- In a medium/large rice cooker, add all ingredients and stir together to combine. Turn rice cooker on.
- When rice is cooked, turn off rice cooker and fluff the rice with a fork. Cover and let rice cool down for 10 minutes.