This post has been sponsored by Clos du Bois and SeaPak. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Sweet Corn Risotto with Crispy Shrimp – Creamy, cheesy homemade risotto is taken up a notch with fresh sweet yellow corn and paired perfect with SeaPak® Butterfly Shrimp and Clos du Bois Chardonnay.
Who else is all about a glass of wine at the end of long day? Two hands up for this girl! Well, I have one better for you – today we’re not only talking about some incredible wine but also an incredible recipe to go along with it to help you sip back and relax. See what I did there??
For this pairing, we’re pairing with one of my favorite brands, Clos du Bois. You might remember I shared a pairing with their Cabernet Sauvignon this past summer. I paired it alongside some flavorful pork tenderloin and it was a hit!
And let’s not forget about the pairing we did with their Merlot – it was the perfect match for my drunken spaghetti & meatballs.
Now, we’re focusing on their Chardonnay. And just like I did with the drunken spaghetti & meatballs, I used the Chardonnay in the paired recipe to ensure a perfect flavor match.
Chardonnay is used in so many recipes so the possibilities for this pairing were endless. I decided to make this incredible Sweet Corn Risotto since I have yet to share a risotto recipe with you guys. And because seafood pairs perfectly with Chardonnay, I added SeaPak® Butterfly Shrimp to make for the perfect, well-rounded meal.
Without further ado, I present to you my Sweet Corn Risotto with Crispy Shrimp!
As I mentioned above, this is the perfect dish for pairing with Clos du Bois Chardonnay mostly because we used the wine in the recipe. However, there are so many more reasons why this is the best combination for your palette. To prove this to you, let’s run through the checklist for pairing with Chardonnay:
- Serve with creamy, buttery dishes [CHECK!]
- Pair with SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp [CHECK!]
- Work to play off of Chardonnay’s subtle sweet notes by incorporating corn, sweet potatoes, or caramelized veggies [CHECK!]
- Avoid pairing with overly spicy foods [CHECK!]
Now that you know why this is recipe is a MUST for your next glass of Clos du Bois Chardonnay, let’s go through the steps for making it for yourself.
Risotto is such a luxurious dish that is super rich and creamy that it makes you smile with every bite. With the complex flavors going on in the dish, you would never think that it’s so super simple to make – but it totally is!! And with the use of SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp, you can cut out a lot of time since they only take 10 minutes to heat up in the oven.
When making risotto, there are a few key things to know:
- The creamy texture comes from slowly adding chicken broth to the rice and stirring until the broth is absorbed. Isn’t it surprising that there is no cream or milk in this dish?!
- You have to use a special rice called arborio rice that has the right texture to absorb the broth without getting mushy.
- The aromatic veggies (onion and garlic) are just as important in the risotto as the rice so make sure you give these cooking steps just as much attention as the rice steps.
- To finish off the dish, a cup of grated Parmesan cheese is added to give an extra creamy, nutty flavor. This is non-negotiable – trust me!
There you have it – the best way to sip back and relax. And to add to your relaxing night, Clos du Bois and SeaPak are offering a free reward! Visit SipBackRelax.com for more details!
Please enjoy Clos du Bois wines responsibly.
Pin for later:
More recipes you’ll love: