This post has been sponsored by The Kroger Co. Family of Stores in celebration of #HispanicHeritageMonth. As always, all opinions are my own.
Tropical Red Bull Margaritas – A blend of pineapple, mango, and guava juices is combined with your typical margarita ingredients plus a boost from Red Bull Energy Drink to make these incredible Tropical Red Bull Margaritas.
Before we get started, today, we’re honoring Puerto Rico with this recipe so I wanted to make sure I send my thoughts and prayers over to the country who is fighting so hard to rebuild what was destroyed by Hurricane Maria.
Alright, guys. Get ready for the second drink recipe in five days. Yup, it’s been that kind of week.
Not only do I have another drink recipe to share with you, but, similar to this Electric Orange Pisco Sour, it’s another drink recipe celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month!
As I’m sure you know by now, Kroger is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month by featuring remixed recipes of classic Hispanic dishes. I’ve joined them in featuring some remixed recipes of my own. Do you remember them all so far?
With each week of the month, Kroger is featuring remixed recipes for a specific Hispanic country. Starting on Friday, Puerto Rico is the star of the show. I’ll be featuring my favorite Puerto Rican snack with a little Mexican flair so don’t forget to come back and check it out!
Leading into Puerto Rico week, I wanted to feature another Mexican-Puerto Rican remixed recipe. But this one is for drinking.
Margaritas are an absolute must for any celebration. But these are extra special, thanks to the tropical flavors from the pineapple, mango, and guava. Oh, and also because of the kick from Red Bull!
Yup, this is also another recipe featuring the mighty Red Bull Energy Drink. It pairs so well with citrus and tropical flavors so I just had to include it in this tropical margarita.
This here is my Tropical Red Bull Margarita!
I must admit…after making the pisco sour from last week, I didn’t think I could make a better drink with Red Bull in it. Man, was I wrong!
The tropical juice in this drink pairs EVEN better with the Red Bull than the orange juice. All the flavors marry so well together than you can’t distinguish them individually – you just know they collectively taste darn good.
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Kroger is offering deals on many of the ingredients you need to remix your recipes, including the Red Bull. Don’t forget to check out the coupons from Kroger to save on your purchase of Red Bull for this drink!
When it comes to the other ingredients, the guava juice is my favorite of the three juices here. I grew up eating tons of guava treats. My dad loved guava jelly on his toast so we always had that in the house, too. Guava is super popular in Colombia, where my parents are from. So I was happy to include a little piece of my heritage in this drink.
This is one of the easiest drink recipes you’ll find. There’s no muddling or juicing tons of fruits (just one little lime). To make this recipe, all you’re doing is adding ingredients to a pitcher, stirring, and then serving. That’s it!
To add a little fancy flair to this drink, I garnished with a skewer of fruits. Don’t you just love the pop of color from the maraschino cherry?!
Like I said above, this recipe is one of the easiest drink recipes you’ll make. But just to make sure you get it perfect the first time, here are three more tips for you:
- Make sure you’re using original Red Bull for this recipe – not a flavored version.
- Always add Red Bull to the pitcher last. The Red Bull will lose its fizz if it’s stirred or shaken too much.
- As I stated earlier, the juices I used here were a mix of pineapple, mango, and guava. But you can use any mix of tropical juices that you love. The refrigerated juice section at Kroger has so many premade tropical juice combos so don’t forget to look there for options.
For more remixed recipe ideas, check out Kroger’s hub for all things Hispanic Heritage Month. See you back on Friday for one last recipe to celebrate this month!
Tropical Red Bull Margaritas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 9 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 9 ounces pineapple & mango juice
- 9 ounces guava nectar (or juice)
- 9 ounces Red Bull Energy Drink
- pineapple slices, lime slices, and maraschino cherries for garnish
- 6 medium skewers for garnish
- Add lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and agave to a pitcher. Stir together until combined. Add juices, guava nectar and Red Bull and gently stir.
- Add salt to rims of margarita glasses and fill with ice. Pour margarita mixture until full. Place one piece of pineapple wedge, one cherry, and one piece of lemon on a medium skewer. Repeat with others. Place garnish in each glass and serve.
Pin for later:
More drinks you’ll love: