Watermelon Margaritas – A refreshing margarita that is made with fresh watermelon juice, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and silver tequila. The perfect drink for summer parties and barbecues!
Man, when it comes to warm weather, I cannot spend a weekend without a refreshing drink in my hand. Whether it’s these mimosas or this sangria or even just a beer, I need to have something cold and boozy to sip on by the pool. This care-free feeling is what’s keeping me from jumping on the baby train. Let me hold on to it for just a few more years!!
Today’s recipe is yet another refreshing, juicy, cocktail that SCREAMS summertime that I can sip on while I enjoy my baby-less moments of peace (for now, anyway). Say hello to these Watermelon Margaritas!
This margarita, like many of my recent recipes, was inspired by a drink that I tried at a local restaurant here in Atlanta. I am margarita fanatic so you can best-believe that I have had any and every flavor under the sun.
But this watermelon version was entirely new to me! I had never seen it before so I had to try it. And it did not disappoint! Super refreshing and the perfect accompaniment to summer.
To make this boozy treat at home, all you have to do is blend fresh watermelon, strain it, and add in the typical margarita fare: agave syrup, triple sec, lime juice, and tequila.
When I first ventured out to make these, I was worried that I’d need a juicer to make fresh watermelon juice. Nope! Watermelon is so juicy that you can easily juice it in your blender or food processor. But you do have to remove the pulp by straining through a mesh strainer.
Here are a few others tips to help you when making these amazing margs:
- This recipe is for a small pitcher of margaritas served over ice (about 4 servings). If you want to make more, just double the recipe. Or if you just want to make one, divide the recipe by 4. But I can assure you, you won’t be able to have just one.
- If you want to impress your guests with presentation, you can serve your margs in this keg. Isn’t this the coolest thing you’ve ever seen?! You’ll need to make a double batch to fill up this keg.
- To help incorporate the agave, mix it directly into the lime juice and stir, before adding to the margarita mixture. The acid in the lime juice will break down the sticky syrup.
- The watermelon juice can be made ahead of time (no more than a couple days before), but it may separate a little after a day or so. Just give it a shake to combine it all together.
Alright guys…how excited are you to try these amazing watermelon margaritas?! I am pretty excited for you. It’s going to be a HIT this summer. Let me know how they turn out by commenting below. Enjoy!!
Here are all the kitchen tools and serveware that I used in today’s recipe. For each item sold below, I make a small commission. I only recommend items that I own and love so you can trust that each recommendation is tried and true. Thank you for supporting CPA!
- 4 cups watermelon diced, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces tequila silver
- 4 ounces triple sec
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Blend watermelon in blender until smooth. Filter through mesh sieve to remove excess pulp. Taste juice and add a pinch of salt. Taste again and add more, if needed. I used 1/4 teaspoon in mine to really bring out the flavor of the juice.
- Add 12 ounces of watermelon juice to small pitcher with tequila and triple sec. Mix lime juice and agave syrup together until syrup is dissolved. Add to watermelon mixture. Stir to combine together.
- If you'd like to add salt to the rim, place a little lime juice or water in a plate. Place some flaky salt on another plate. Dip the rim of each glass in lime juice/water and then into the salt.
- Add ice to each glass. Fill each glass with margarita mix. Add a mini slice of watermelon for garnish.
Pin for later:
More drinks that you’ll love: