Holiday Mule – Ginger beer, cranberry juice, vodka, apple cider, and Prosecco are combined to make this perfect drink for the Holiday season.
The holidays ain’t over yet! We have New Year’s Eve coming in a few days so we need a great cocktail to ring in 2023. This Holiday Mule is just the drink you need. This recipe makes a large batch, perfect for any gathering.
To make this mule, you’re just throwing the ingredients in a pitcher with some fruit and giving it a stir. That’s it! There’s no reason to not make this holiday mule before the end of 2022!
Here is my Holiday Mule!
Tricks & Tips
- Do not make ahead. Drinks with bubbles should not be made ahead because those bubbles turn flat over time. The Prosecco and ginger beer have bubbles so this drink cannot be made ahead of time. Also, the rind in the fruit leaves an odd taste in the mules if there for more than 24 hours. So the best thing to do is to make this the day you plan to serve it.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice. Do not use cranberry juice cocktail in this drink. It has too much sugar. Instead, use an unsweetened cranberry juice.
- Ginger beer vs ginger ale. Ginger beer is less sweet and packs more of a bite than ginger ale. You shouldn’t interchange these because ginger beer
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1½ cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1½ cups vodka
- 12 ounces ginger beer
- 1 750-mL bottle Prosecco
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- cinnamon sticks for serving
- Add the cider, vodka, and cranberry juice in a very large pitcher (you may need two pitchers for this recipe). Stir together. Add in ginger beer and Prosecco. Finish off by slicing apple and orange into thin rounds and placing into the pitcher. Add in the cranberries and stir.
- To serve, add glass to a copper glass or serving glass. Fill with punch, letting some cranberries and a slice of fruit get into the glass. Serving with a cinnamon stick.