Blueberry Mojito – Crushed mint and blueberries are mixed together with rum, sugar, and lime juice and then served over ice with a few ounces of sparkling water to make a very refreshing spring or summer drink.
Blueberry season is upon us – have you been blueberry picking yet?! If so, a great way to use those berries is in this yummy Blueberry Mojito. It’s made with all the classic mojito ingredients, along with fresh blueberries muddled into the mint. It’s incredibly refreshing and did I mention how gorgeous it is?!
Making a mojito is extremely easy. Historically, it’s made with fresh sugar cane, but it’s not necessary here. I just use granulated sugar. The sugar is muddled with mint and blueberries to draw out their flavor and then mixed with rum and lime juice. Serve over ice with some sparkling water and that’s all there is to it!
Here is my Blueberry Mojito!
Tips & Tricks
- Do not make ahead. The mint leaves turn brown when sitting in liquid for too long. So just make the drink right before serving.
- Fresh blueberries. This drink is best made when blueberries are in season so their sweet flavor comes through. Using frozen berries may not offer the same sweetness since frozen berries tend to have less flavor.
- 8 leaves fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 blueberries
- 1 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3 ounces sparkling water
- mint and blueberries for garnish
- Add fresh mint (leaves only), granulated sugar, blueberries to a shaker cup. Muddle together to breakdown leaves into smaller pieces.
- Add rum and lime juice to mint and sugar mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill two small glasses with ice. Split the rum mixture between the glasses. Fill the glasses with sparkling water. Garnish with mint and blueberries.