This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealShakeup #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Churro Marshmallow Bites – A chewy, bite-sized snack made with Cinnamon PEBBLES™ and melted marshmallows, which are then formed into little round bites that are dipped in a cinnamon white chocolate coating. It’s the perfect snack for your afternoon cravings!
Greetings from Boston! We’ve been here for the weekend and are actually packing up to head back home today. It’s been the coldest weather we’ve experienced all winter long, which I’ve actually enjoyed. I finally got to whip out my scarves, hats, and gloves. But I’m ready to go back to our spring weather. Can’t wait to see you again, 70 degrees!
For today’s recipe I want to share another one of my favorite snack recipes. If you’re a frequent reader of the blog, you know how much I love to snack. On any given weeknight, you can catch me snacking on food for dinner instead of whipping up a huge meal.
And let’s not forget the afternoon snack…I cannot go much time between lunch and dinner before craving a little bite of something delicious, and usually something sweet. I love to make a batch of cookies or truffles or other small treats on the weekend so I can have them for an afternoon snack throughout the week. I don’t want to ruin my day by eating a huge piece of cake or something heavy like that. Therefore, I always opt for a small, bite-sized treat for afternoon snacks.
When I saw these new Cinnamon PEBBLES™ during my trip to Walmart, I was inspired to make a new snack. One of the first things that come to mind when I think of cinnamon and sugar are churros. You know, those fried pieces of dough that are tossed in cinnamon sugar? So I channeled those flavors for my next snack. Say hello to Churro Marshmallow Bites!
If you’ve ever had a churro before, you know that they’re super crispy yet chewy at the same time. That’s exactly the texture I was looking for in these bites but without all the hassle of making a dough and deep frying it. I discovered that, when you combine the crispy Cinnamon PEBBLES™ with the chewy marshmallow, you get almost the exact texture of a churro. And it takes about half the amount of effort. Perfect!
The small size of the crispy Cinnamon PEBBLES™ is ideal for these bites because they are so easy to chew and won’t make you work hard when you’re chewing like some bulky cereals would. Plus, you can get the perfect bite-size shape when the cereal is nice and small like these little PEBBLES™ are.
Making these bites is so simple and requires few tools and ingredients. And there’s no baking required! Isn’t it great when you can keep that oven off for once?! You also get your hands a little messy so I think it’s a fun snack to make with the kids or your spouse or friends.
To make these bites, you simply melt the marshmallows with some butter until it’s slick and smooth. Then, add in the Cinnamon PEBBLES™ and stir until completely combined. From there, you form little bite-sized balls. I find that using a cookie scoop for this part is super helpful. But feel free to dig right in with your hands if you’re feeling adventurous!
After we’ve formed the bites, this is when it gets ultra-decadent. I mixed some cinnamon into melted white chocolate and then dipped each bite into the white chocolate and coated them evenly. You haven’t lived if you haven’t tried cinnamon and white chocolate together. White chocolate can be a little too sweet for me, at times. But the warm, spicy cinnamon mellows out that sweetness and makes it just right. Yes and yes.
Before you get started on these delicious churro marshmallow bites, here are a few tips to make sure they come out perfectly:
- Make sure you’re always watching the marshmallows when you are heating them on the stove. The marshmallows take some time to melt so I know it can be tempting to do other things while it does its thing. But don’t! Sugar can burn really quickly and easily so don’t take your eyes off of the mixture while it’s on the stove.
- When it’s time to form the cereal mixture into bites, I recommend this two-step process: (1) scoop the bites onto a baking sheet and let them sit for 3-5 minutes (2) go back and form the mixture into a perfect ball. The cereal mixture is super sticky at the beginning so you will have a big mess if you try to form them into a ball right off the bat. If you let the little portions set for a couple minutes, you’ll have a much easier time. Trust me.
- For the white chocolate coating, make sure you are using melting chocolate and not chocolate chips. Melting chocolate sets up hard again once it’s cooled so it’s perfect for snacks like these that are kept at room temperature. I had no issues finding the melting chocolate in the baking aisle at Walmart, but if you can’t find it, you can also use vanilla flavored candy coating.
- Speaking of the chocolate, if you find that it’s getting tacky and hard to work with when you’re nearing the end, that means that it’s starting to harden. All you need to do is pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to melt it again.
That’s all there is to it guys! You’re going to love this new treat. Make sure to pack a few with your lunches during the week so you can enjoy for your afternoon snack.
When you’re ready to try these out for yourself, you can find these new Cinnamon PEBBLES™ next to your other favorite PEBBLES™ flavors in the cereal aisle at Walmart.
For some more ways to enjoy #CerealAnytime, check out Post’s Pinterest page for some great ideas!
And while you’re at Walmart’s cereal aisle, make sure to check out some other great options from Post: their Malt-O-Meal collection! I love these cereals because they offer all my favorite flavors at an affordable price. My favorite flavors are the Cookies and Cream (yay for chocolate for breakfast!) and the French Toasters. They are packaged in bags and typically located at the end of the aisle.
For a full collection of the POST FOODS offered at Walmart, check out the collection here.
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s17)
Churro Marshmallow Bites
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 16 ounces mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups Cinnamon PEBBLES™ cereal
- 12 ounces white melting chocolate (they usually come in wafers or disks)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Grease two large baking sheets. Set aside. In a large saucepan, heat butter on medium until it's completely melted. Add marshmallows and reduce heat to medium low. Stir until they are completely melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately add cereal. Stir vigorously to help the cereal and marshmallow mixture combine. Once combined, spoon mixture onto a greased baking sheet in 1 tablespoon-sized portions. Let them sit for 3-5 minutes until slightly set.
- Roll each portion into a ball. But be careful not to pack tightly or else they will be tough to eat. Let them set completely for about 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a medium bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave. Once completely melted, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and stir together. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate to completely coat them. Shake off extra chocolate. Set back on baking sheet to set for 15 minutes.
Pin for later:
More sweet snacks you’ll enjoy: