Strawberry Peach Sangria – Fresh strawberries and peaches are added to white white, brandy, and lemon lime soda to make for a refreshing cocktail perfect for summer!
Ah sangria…Or what I like to call Boozy Fruit Salad. It’s one my my favorite cocktails. I mean, fruit and chilled wine? What’s there not to love about that?!
But there was a time when I would only drink red sangria. It wasn’t until I made this red, white, and blue sangria that I finally found the perfect recipe for white sangria.
I love that white sangria so much that it’s pretty shocking that it’s taken me this long to come up with another recipe for white sangria. But I promise you…this Strawberry Peach Sangria was worth the wait!
How this sangria is made
Sangria, at it’s core, is wine, liquor, fruit juice, and chunks of fruit. For this sangria, I am using white wine since it pairs perfectly with peach. But rosé would also taste great!
For the liquor, I decided to use brandy. I used brandy in my previous version of white sangria and it was incredible so I don’t think I could ever use anything else! It really cuts down on the sweetness of the white wine and makes for a perfectly balanced cocktail.
And finally…the fruit juice and chunks of fruit. It’s no surprise that I’m using strawberry and peach in this sangria. You may be surprised to find out how I get those flavors to really stand out – I cook them.
Peach has a pretty subtle flavor so it can get lost in cocktails. The best way to pull out the peach flavor is to cook the peaches, strain them, and use that juice in the sangria. To make sure the strawberries have equal representation, I cook them with the peaches.
Tips & Tricks
As always, I’ve got a few tips to help you with this recipe:
- Peaches weren’t in season when I first made this recipe so I used thawed frozen peaches. I do not recommend using canned peaches, however, because they are too sweet and too soft.
- There is no need to add ice to the pitcher – it will water down the sangria. Instead, add ice to serving glasses.
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day – may it be filled with great food and refreshing drinks!
Strawberry Peach Sangria
- 2 cups peaches skins on, chopped (about 3 peaches)
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 750 mL bottle dry white wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 8 ounces lemon lime soda
- extra strawberries and peaches for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- ice for serving
- Place chopped peaches, strawberries, water, and sugar in a medium pot and place over medium-high heat. Heat until boiling and then reduce to simmer (uncovered) and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let it stew for 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash fruit until mostly liquid. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place on refrigerator to chill.
- Once mixture is cool, run through a mesh strainer to remove pulp. Place strawberry peach juice into pitcher and add brandy, wine, and soda. Stir together. Slice extra strawberries and peaches and fill pitcher.
- To serve, add ice to a glass and pour sangria into glass. Enjoy!
Pin for later:
More drink recipes you’ll love: