This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cookies & Cream Popcorn – SMARTFOOD® Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn is coated with crushed chocolate cookies and drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate to make a sweet & salty snack for all your football parties this season!
College football ended last week but the football postseason is well underway and I’m loving every second of it. Have you guys been watching all the playoff games like I have???
Because of how cold it’s been these last couple weeks, we’ve been staying in to enjoy all the games from the comfort of our living room this year. That means I needed to step up my snack game, for sure! Last week I shared the incredible bacon blue cheese chips that I’ve been making for all my watch parties. And this week I have a snack that is just as incredible, if not more so.
But this time, it’s a sweet and salty snack to satisfy all your tastebuds all at once. Check out my Cookies & Cream Popcorn!
The inspiration for this treat came from popcorn that I had wayyy back in high school. There was a specialty popcorn shop in town that tossed popcorn in all sorts of incredible flavors – cotton candy, peanut butter, and, my all-time favorite, cookies & cream. From the first bite, I was obsessed!
Cookies & cream has been my favorite flavor for anything (ice cream, cake, chocolate, you name it!) since I was a little kid. I even named my black and white cat Cookies & Cream (CC for short)! So when thinking of sweet and salty snack ideas for munching on during gametime, I knew this popcorn was one I needed to recreate and serve at our Super Bowl LII watch party.
To make this recipe incredibly simple and quick, I used a bag of SMARTFOOD® Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn instead of popping my own. Such a time saver, plus the sweet and salty flavor of the kettle corn serves as the perfect base for the cookies & cream popcorn. It’s also great for snacking on its own so I made sure to stock up.
I added the whole bag of the popcorn to a large bowl and tossed it with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and melted semi-sweet chocolate. I then finished off the popcorn with a drizzle of white chocolate and then let it cool so the chocolate could harden again.
This recipe will only take you 4 ingredients to make and less than 10 minutes. So there really aren’t a ton of tips necessary to help you make this recipe because it’s basically fool-proof. However, I have thought of a couple, just in case you need them:
- I think the semi-sweet chocolate is much easier to mix into the popcorn when done in batches. So I mix in the chocolate about 1/3 at a time.
- For the drizzle of white chocolate, I think it’s much easier to drizzle by putting melted white chocolate in a sandwich bag and cutting a corner off. However, you can always use a spoon to get the job done, too.
- Do not serve until the chocolate has set again. You don’t want to go for a handful of the popcorn and find that the chocolate is still melted. What a mess!
And there you have it – yet another great snack recipe for your gameday get-togethers. Frito-Lay knows how important snacks are for these events so they have collected a bunch recipes ideas for you guys to use. Make sure to check them out!!
Cookies & Cream Popcorn
- 1 10-ounce bag SMARTFOOD® Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn
- 18 chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- Place bag of SMARTFOOD® Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn into large bowl. Place sandwich cookies into gallon zip bag and close bag. Smash cookies into pieces, but not into complete crumbs. Add cookie pieces to popcorn and toss with a large spoon.
- Melt semi sweet in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. Add 1/3 of chocolate to popcorn mixture and stir to combine. Repeat with another 1/3 of the melted chocolate and stir. Finish and stir. Pour popcorn out onto a baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. Drizzle white chocolate over the popcorn mixture. Let mixture sit until chocolate hardens. I placed mine in the fridge to help stir it up.
- Pour cookies & cream popcorn into a large bowl and serve!
Pin for later:
More snacks you’ll love:
Bacon Blue Cheese Chips
Sage & Browned Butter Pita Chips
Classic Cannoli Dip
Karen Lizarraras says
My oh my i love this idea!!!! its absolutely delicious
Thanks so much!
Yuuuum, stoppppp – I’m meant to be eating healthy! Hahaha. Salty & sweet is my favourite combo… I used to eat popcorn & ice cream together in the same bite at the cinemas. “Used to”.
Haha love that! I used to add chocolate candies to my popcorn but ice cream is a whole other level!
All i can say is YUM!!!! I cant wait to try this omg. My mind is blown…
Yessss! Just wait until you try it, girl!
This sounds delicious…in fact all of your snacks do. Let’s party! You bring the
Swati Saxena says
This is such a kid friendly recipe , looks amazing!
Thanks so much!
I have never came across such an AMAZING popcorn combo! Wow! Can’t wait to give this a go on the weekend! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Yesss I hope you love it!
Girl, this is genius! I just showed this to my husband like “babe look…no really LOOK” lol! yum!
Haha love that! I do the same with my husband!
Cliona Keane says
Oh wow! This is genuinely amazing!
Thanks so much!
Cookies and cream rock in everything! I usually just have my popcorn plain because I don’t know how else to make it but holy moly I know how I’ll be making my popcorn tonight! Love this idea!
You’re gonna love this!!
Hubba hubba! I’m giving this popcorn all the heart-eye emojis right now. 😀
Haha love that! Thanks so much!
This is such a brilliant idea for game day snack! Cookies and cream! What not to like!
Thanks so much! Glad you like it!