Sausage Breakfast Wraps – A small flatbread with scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, and shredded Colby Jack cheese.
Continuing on our brunch recipe kick, I have a yummy hand-held breakfast wrap. It’s a simple wrap, elevated with the use of pillowy soft mini flatbread rounds (I used a caramelized onion version for extra flavor). Everyone in my family loved these wraps – adults and kids alike!
My Sausage Breakfast Wraps were inspired by a similar wrap I enjoyed at Disney World. Mine is a scaled down version, perfect for one person and incredibly easy to make. They’re just scrambled eggs, sausage, and shredded cheese on a mini flat bread. That’s it!
Here are my Sausage Breakfast Wraps!
Tips & Tricks
- Mini flatbreads. The key to making these wraps taste INCREDIBLE is the soft mini flatbreads. I found them in the deli section of the grocery store.
- Flatbread flavors. To take the flavor to the next level, I highly recommend using a flavored flatbread – garlic or onion are great options!
- Cook eggs on low. Eggs taste their best when cooked with respect – that means, cook them slowly on low heat instead of flash frying them in a very hot pan. The texture of the eggs turns rubbery when cooked too fast on higher heat.
Sausage Breakfast Wraps
- 3 links breakfast sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 3 small flatbreads
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package instructions. The ones I purchased allowed for air frying so I cooked my in the air fryer. While they are cooking, warm the flatbread. Do this by wrapping the 3 flatbreads in a damp paper towel and microwaving for about 15-25 seconds. Leave in the microwave to keep them warm.
- Use a small pan to cook the eggs. I used my smallest pan to ensure the eggs were in a thin disk, about the size of the flatbread. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-low heat. Scramble one egg in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add to pan and cover with a lid. Cook until egg is no longer wet and runny, no more than 2 minutes. Remove egg from pan and place onto flat bread.
- Cover cooked egg with 2 tablespoons of shredded Colby Jack cheese. Add cooked sausage link right down the middle. Repeat with the 2 other eggs and flat breads. Serve immediately.