This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Bacon Blue Cheese Chips – LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips are covered with a homemade blue cheese sauce, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and chopped scallions. It’s the perfect snack to feed a crowd during the big football game!
The winter blues have officially set in. You know, the sadness you get after all the holiday decorations are put up and the cheer is gone. The only thing getting me through is knowing that football is still going strong. And with Super Bowl LII less than a month away, I need to get my party menu in order. Because you cannot have a great football party without great food.
But not just any chips…LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips! You cannot host a party without them. But for such a special event, I decided to jazz mine up a bit with the help from some incredible toppings.
Say hello to my Bacon Blue Cheese Chips!
These chips were inspired by the chips I used to order from my favorite restaurant growing up. Everyone loved them and would eat every last chip not long after they were brought to our table – even the people who claimed they didn’t like blue cheese! So I knew I had to make a version of my own when hosting watch parties during football season.
To make these bacon blue cheese chips, it’s actually quite simple. The only prep you have to do is make the blue cheese sauce and cook the bacon. Once you’ve done that, you simply spread out the LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips on a large baking sheet or serving plate, layer on the cheese sauce and more blue cheese crumbles, chop and sprinkle the bacon, and finish with chopped scallions. That’s really all there is to it! You can have them done in 20 minutes, easily.
As always, I love giving you guys some tips on making each recipe I post. Though these chips are super simple to throw together, I still have a couple tips that may be helpful:
- Don’t make these chips ahead of time. They are best served as soon as they’re assembled. If you want to prep ahead, cook the bacon ahead of time and crumble. Then, when you’re ready to assemble, just heat the bacon up in the microwave for a few seconds until it’s steaming (about 20 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked the blue cheese sauce, remove it from heat and let it sit for a few minutes. These few minutes of cooling time will help the sauce thicken so it’s easier to drizzle over the chips. Otherwise, it might be a little to runny and make the chips all gloopy and messy.
These bacon blue cheese chips are guaranteed to be a sure-fire hit at your next watch party! For more great football menu ideas, check out Frito-Lay’s Pinterest page. They have pinned tons of incredible recipes that are perfect for serving your guests so make sure to check it out!
Bacon Blue Cheese Chips
To assemble chips:
- 1 8-ounce bag LAY'S Classic Potato Chips
- homemade blue cheese sauce recipe below
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 scallions chopped
For blue cheese sauce:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
To assemble the chips:
- Grab a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Pour out entire bag of LAY'S Classic Potato Chips onto baking sheet and spread into one even layer.
- Drizzle blue cheese sauce over potato chips, making sure it's evenly drizzled over all of the chips. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and scallions over the chips. Serve immediately.
To make blue cheese sauce:
- Add milk and cream cheese to medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Using a rubber spatula, stir together to help the cream cheese melt into the milk.
- When the cream cheese is melted, add the blue cheese crumbles and stir until melted. Allow cheese sauce to get to a simmer and then remove from heat. Let it cool for a few minutes so it can thicken back up.
Pin for later:
More tailgate recipes you’ll love: