Cranberry Lime Mojitos – A festive twist on this classic drink. Mint, sugar, lime, cranberry juice, and rum come together to make this yummy drink that perfectly highlights the winter flavor of cranberry but can be made all year long!
I starting thinking some of my favorite cocktails and my mind immediately went to mojitos.
Mojitos are something that I only recently started drinking. I’m not a huge fan of rum so I usually just stick to the wines, beers, and margaritas when I need a hard beverage.
But when we went to my cousins wedding last year, I quickly changed my mind. They had a mojito bar that was serving up drinks all night. I figured I should give the classic drink a shot so I took a sip of my husband’s drink and… Oh. My. Lanta. I couldn’t believe I had shunned this drink for so long without even trying it. What a revelation!! I couldn’t even taste the rum. And the mint added such a refreshing essence that made me not want to stop drinking it. Dangerous.
So when thinking of a perfect festive drink for the winter, I knew I had to make a mojito. To continue with my love of cranberry (as seen in these cookies and this fruity crumble), I decided to make the cranberry lime mojitos.
This festive take on the classic drink really pays off! The cranberry juice is the right mixture of tart and sweet so it only enhances this drink and doesn’t overpower it. Plus, the colors of the cranberry and mint and lime just SCREAM holidays, don’t they?!
After making this drink four times in one month, I learned a few tips that I want to share with you guys:
- You can use cranberry juice cocktail or cranberry juice concentrate that is diluted with water. The drinks pictured above are made with 1/2 cup juice concentrate that was diluted with 1 1/2 cups of water. But I’ve also made it with juice cocktail and it tasted just as amazing. The only difference is the color. Juice cocktail makes the mojito a lighter color than the rich color in the pictures above.
- You can make this drink ahead of time but do not make more than 24 hours before you serve it. The mint leaves will start to turn brown after 24 hours. Also, if you decide to make ahead, keep refrigerated without adding the ice. Add the ice right before serving.
- You’ll probably have extra cranberries left over that you can use to make stir sticks. It’s a fun way to garnish this drink. I just took medium wooden skewers and skewered the cranberries on it, one by one.
- I ran out of rum when making this the last time so I substituted silver tequila. It tasted soooo yummy! So that’s an option if you like tequila more than rum 😉
- If you’re making this for a crowd, you should double the amount of the liquid ingredients. However, I don’t feel the need to double the mint or sugar. The flavor is so powerful that the original amount of sugar and mint worked for my larger serving. But if you really, really want strong mint flavor, maybe increase the recipe by half.
You’re gonna love this recipe! And even better…you don’t have to save these just for the winter. Mojitos are great all year long!
What other drinks are you into this time of year?? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are all the kitchen tools and serveware that I used in this post. For each item that is sold, I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting the brands that support CPA!
Cranberry Lime Mojitos
- .75 ounces fresh mint (about a handful)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup whole cranberries (for garnish)
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- 1 lime sliced in wedges (for garnish)
- Add fresh mint (leaves only) and granulated sugar to a large pitcher. Muddle together to breakdown leaves into smaller pieces.
- Add rum and lime juice to mint and sugar mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in cranberries, cranberry juice and sparkling water. If not serving immediately, place in fridge for no more than 24 hours.
- Once ready to serve, add ice to pitcher to fill it up. Serve in individual glasses with a lime wedge. If you want to make it extra festive, you can make stir sticks from the leftover cranberries. Just skewer them on a medium wooden skewer and place in each drink when serving. Enjoy!
More recipe’s you’ll enjoy:
Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve
got hi quality content. If you want to know how to make extra $$$,
search for: Ercannou’s essential tools best adsense alternative
My aunt made frozen grapes that she had marinated in wine for my cousin bridal shower, you eat enough you will get a buzz, but instead of ice what if you did frozen cranberries that was steeped in either rum or tequila.
Ummm I don’t like the taste of cranberries when they’re raw so I don’t think I’d like this. But if you do, give it a shot!
Keating | Why Hello Lovely says
This looks absolutely amazing. I don’t know why I tease myself when I cant have this while pregnant haha I’ll have to keep this bookmarked for future reference!
Erica @ Coming up Roses says
These sound AMAZING! I’m ssuch a mojito girl, so I’ll be making these this weeked for sure.
Coming Up Roses
Joanie @ ZagLeft says
What a beautiful cocktail, what I would give to have one right now!
This looks divine! And SO festive!
I’m so into festive drinks right now. Not only does this look pretty but I bet its so tasty! Thanks for sharing.
With Love Rochelle | http://www.withloverochelle.com
These look absolutely delicious and are perfect for this time of year.
Clothes & Quotes
Cait Weingartner says
The Cranberry Lime Mojitos will be the perfect addition to my Christmas Eve
buffet. They look delicious and festive, thank you for sharing!
Tiffany Cardenas says
Ooh, this sounds so good! I love mojitos, and this is a nice twist. I can’t wait to try it.
Oh my god these look absolutely delicious and super perfect for the season!!
Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com
These mojitos sound fantastic! What a great twist for a winter cocktail! Cheers!
Such bright colors! Cheers!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
These are gorgeous (and sound delicious as well). What a great addition to any holiday party!
You had me at mojitos.
I haven’t had a GOOD mojito since I came back from my vacation, but this version sounds like it would be so delicious. I really like cranberry drinks and the lime would make the perfect addition to this drink. I think I’m going to have to make some of these at my next get together!
Jessica Bradshaw says
All of your drink recipes sound awesome. I am a huge fan of mojitos so this one is right up my alley.
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
What a beautiful holiday drink! I always think of mojitos as warm-weather cocktails but you’ve really make this perfect for the winer and the holidays!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More says
Those look so good! Sparkling water, lime and cranberry = 3 of my favorites!
I’m a pretty big fan of mojitos in general so I was pretty sure I’d like this before I even started reading! And I love how they are such a great festive drink
Oh my goodness, totally drooling! these look amazing and so festive 🙂
I love cranberry and lime together and mojitos are one of my favorite drinks! Must try!!
Summer @ Coffee With Summer says
YUM. Refreshing! pinning to make for this weekend!
What a perfect drink for the holidays! I’ll have three right away please. Lol. Seriously they look delicious ❤❤❤
Haha thanks so much!!
Penny Struebig says
Yum! This looks like a perfect drink to have around the holidays. Pinned this one!
It looks delish! I’m a huge cranberry fan. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Allison - Celebrating Sweets says
I love mojitos! This cranberry version looks even better than the original! So fun and festive. Pinning!
Thanks so much! I love the colors too!
Christina Beauchamp says
What a festive (and pretty!) drink!! This would be perfect for holiday parties!!
Christina | Fashion & Frills
Kristine-Bites of Flavor says
YUM! This drink sounds amazing! Perfect for upcoming holiday parties.
These look so yummy and festive. My hubby loves mojitos, so at our next get together I’ll have to make these. And since I’m not a rum lover, I’ll have to try it with the silver tequila as well. 😉
Haha yes! It tastes just as yummy!!
Alexis @FITnancials says
Sharon, these mojitos looks amazing! I rarely make drinks at home, but this inspires me to stasrt!
Aw thanks so much!! I never used to make them either but it’s so fun!
Oh my goodness! Pinned this deliciousness to my cocktail board.. and I wish I could have one right now!
Yum! How festive!
Sangria is my favorite drink! This is so perfect for this time of year! Excited to try
Love cranberries and love mojito’s so I am going to have to make this one!
What a fun, festive drink! It’s so beautiful, too.
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
I tend to be not much of a drinker – but this is simply GORGEOUS! So GORGEOUS, I could dive right into it!
Aw thanks so much!
Rebecca Hicks says
Mmm these look amazing!! I’ve pinned to make for the New Year’s party we’re having. Thanks for the recipe.
Yay! What a great idea! Make sure to read my tip about doubling the recipe!
Kristina @ Love & Zest says
this drink looks yum. I’m all about cranberries this time of year!
I don’t drink but I had to stop myself from drooling! Not only are they beautiful I can only imagine how delicious they are! YUM! Pinned them though because I know a few friends of mine who will LOVE this!
Aw that’s so sweet of you to say! You can also make these without rum and they will be just as delicious!!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest says
My husband is in charge of the bar here, and he makes a mean mojito — I’ll have to get him to whip up a batch of these for Christmas!
Yes!!! You let him know that cranberries are sooo in right now 😉
What a tasty looking cocktail! I love cranberries so I will be definitely making this!
Amber Werner says
Yumm this looks refreshing and delicious! Can’t wait to make this myself.
Oh my goodness! These sound amazing! A definite must try!
Platter Talk says
It’s not even 7A yet and I want to sip on one of those beautiful drinks! They look so refreshing and beautiful! Love the color!!!
There is no judgement here if you wanted these for breakfast!
What a fantastic drink for Christmas! I can’t believe I’d never thought of making a drink with fresh cranberries as well as cranberry juice in.
Thanks so much!! I am so in love with them, especially with cranberries so available this time of year!