Strawberry Basil Vodka Punch – Fresh strawberries and basil leaves are muddled with lemon juice and sugar and then added to infused vodka and sparkling wine to make for a wonderfully refreshing party drink
It’s been a long long time since I’ve shared a new cocktail recipe but finally the day has come! You all waited through 9 months of pregnancy and now 8.5 more months of motherhood and I promise – the wait was worth it!
Today’s cocktail is a variation of the blackberry lemon vodka punch that I posted a while back. It was so simple to make, could easily fuel a crowd, and was incredibly delicious! Therefore, I decided to switch out some of the ingredients to make a party-friendly drink that was equally as delicious.
And so I present to you….Strawberry Basil Vodka Punch!
What’s in this punch?
This punch is loaded with flavor, which is most attributable to strawberry basil infused vodka. It’s so so so simple to make infused vodka yet it adds so much to any drink or cocktail.
Infused vodka is simply vodka loaded with your favorite flavors. For this vodka, I use 1 cup of strawberries and a few basil leaves. By using the same flavors in the vodka that I plan to use in my cocktail, I will enhance the cocktail and really shine a line on the flavors that make it so incredible.
After the infused vodka sits for a day or two, we’re ready to make the punch. We start the punch by muddling sugar, strawberries, and basil leaves together. This create the juice that we need to sweeten the punch and lighten up the drink a little so it’s not all alcohol.
After the muddling is done, all you do next is add a whole bottle of sparkling wine or prosecco and 1 cup of the infused vodka. Finish off the pitcher with a few cups of ice and that’s it!
Tips & Tricks
Before you get started on this yummy punch, here are a few tips to help you make it perfectly:
- For the vodka-infusion, make sure you use a glass container to hold all the ingredients. The vodka can break down weak plastics so it’s not safe to use them for the infusion.
- Don’t forget to think about your garnishes. I used fresh strawberries and whole basil leaves.
- If you aren’t going to serve immediately, hold off on the ice. You don’t want the ice to completely melt before you’re able to serve it to your guests.
Strawberry Vodka Punch
For the strawberry basil vodka punch:
- 2 cup strawberry halves plus more for garnish
- 2 large lemons
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry basil-infused vodka
- 1 750-mL sparkling wine or prosecco
For the infused vodka:
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup fresh whole strawberries
- 5 large basil leaves
For the punch:
- Juice the two lemons into a pitcher. Add sugar, strawberries, and basil and muddle together. Add vodka (don't include any of the vodka-soaked berries or basil) and stir. Add entire bottle of champagne. Finish off the pitcher with a couple cups of ice and then serve!
For the infused vodka:
- Add the vodka, berries, and basil to a glass container for 1-3 days. I used a mason jar. Shake every 8-12 hours or so