Chili Mango Margaritas – Mango and chili powder are the unexpected pairing that takes this traditional drink to another level. The smokey flavor of the chili and sweetness of the mango are a match made in heaven.
Summer is here and I am spending so much time on our patio. Now that we have new comfy furniture and gorgeous twinkling lights, I am obsessed with being out there whenever I can.
To make the moments outside even better, I need to have a cold beverage in my hand. Lately it’s been a light beer but it’s time to bust out some fun recipes. These Chili Mango Margaritas are a favorite of mine. They were even featured in my last cook book, Entertaining Made Easy.
These margaritas are refreshing, thanks to the mango and lime juices, but also have a hint of smokey flavor from the chili powder. Don’t worry – they’re not spicy in the slightest. But if you want a kick, a pinch of cayenne will do the trick.
Without further ado, here are my Chili Mango Margaritas!
What is in these margaritas?
These margaritas are so simple to make. They are made with just a few simple ingredients:
- Mango juice
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
- Chili powder
I have made this margarita with juice and with puree. I find juice better for margaritas because it’s not as thick as puree. If you use puree, it’s best to thin it out a little with some orange juice.
Salt is so important to any margarita because it helps balance out the tequila so it doesn’t have a strong bite. You’ll find the margarita a lot easier to sip with a tiny pinch of salt. Which can be just as dangerous as it is enjoyable so be careful.
Tips & Tricks
- If you cannot find mango juice, you can puree fresh mangos with a little orange juice.
- Don’t skip the salt! It’s essential in any margarita to help mellow out the tequila.
- The chili powder gives the drink a smokey flavor but no spiciness. If you want a little kick, add a dash of cayenne to each drink.
Chili Mango Margaritas
- 4 cups mango juice
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt plus extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon chili powder plus extra for garnish
- Put the mango nectar, tequila, and triple sec in a small pitcher. Add the lime juice, salt, and chili powder, and stir to combine.
- If you’d like to add salt to the rim, place a little lime juice or water on a plate. Mix some flaky salt on another plate with a pinch of chili powder for color. Dip the rim of each glass in the lime juice or water and then into the chili salt. Add ice to each glass, and fill with margarita.