Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – Chocolate, peanut butter, banana, and frozen yogurt are blended together to make a killer afternoon snack
It’s officially been 2 weeks since baby girl has been home with us! It’s been a challenging two weeks but also quite rewarding. I can already tell how much she’s grown and cannot wait to watch her continue to grow each day. I am most looking forward to see her smile and giggle at us!
Being home with a newborn doesn’t give me much time to eat, believe it or not. I didn’t think anything could get me to miss a meal but nonstop feedings and diaper changes sure do fill up a day!
To keep my belly full, I’ve been turning to quick meals that I can eat with one hand – sandwiches, snack bars, and smoothies. One of my favorite smoothies is my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
Shocker. Yet another recipe highlighting the perfect duo that is chocolate and peanut butter. But there’s no denying how much I love these two ingredients together!
One of my favorite things about this smoothie is the consistency – it’s perfectly thick yet still drinkable from a straw. That is due to the fact that the recipe uses a room temperature banana – not a frozen one. When using a frozen banana, I got an icy consistency that wasn’t drinkable in the slightest.
My other favorite thing about this smoothie is the perfect balance of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana flavor – neither one stands out too much. Instead, they all come together to make one combined flavor.
To make the smoothie, it’s just as simple as you’d expect – add all the ingredients to a blender and blend. However, the ratio of ingredients is super important in this recipe. If you ignore the ratio, then you could end up with a super liquidy smoothie or worse – a thick, icy mess.
Here are a few more tips to make sure this smoothie comes out perfectly:
- To ensure everything blends properly, I add the liquids first, then the soft solids (banana and frozen yogurt) and then top with the ice. This ensures that the blender doesn’t stall.
- I like the extra thickness that the frozen yogurt adds to the smoothie, but you can always use Greek yogurt in it’s place and get the same consistency. The only difference is that the smoothie may not be as cold
And that’s all there is to it! I love having this smoothie as a snack but I’ve also enjoyed it for breakfast. I wake up with a sweet tooth so this is the perfect thing for me to enjoy first thing in the morning. How do you plan on enjoying this smoothie? Let me know in the comments below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender (add ice last) and blend until smooth (about 45 to 60 seconds). Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Pin for later:
More recipes you’ll love: