Churro Waffles – Homemade cinnamon waffles are finished off with a cinnamon sugar coating that reminds you of a theme park churro.
I am on a breakfast kick and I just can’t stop myself! Breakfast seems to be the only meal I can get my kids to eat these days so I guess that’s where I’m feeling most of my inspiration. These Churro Waffles are a hit with them (and my husband) so I had to share them with you all.
The recipe is a variation of my classic waffle recipe, using oil instead of butter and adding in cinnamon to the batter, as well as in the coating. The result is a sweet cinnamon waffle that doesn’t even need syrup. In fact, I don’t even eat these with utensils. I pick them up with my hands and take a bite, just as I would with cinnamon toast.
Here are my Churro Waffles!
Tips & Tricks
- Go easy on the butter and sugar coating. If you don’t let the excess butter drip off, too much sugar will stick to the waffles. As much as I love the sugar coating, you don’t want it to get so thick it feels like wet sand on the waffle. A light coating goes a long way.
- Cook the waffles until golden brown. This give the outside of the waffles a sturdy texture. That way, when you dip them in the melted butter, they won’t fall apart.
- Let the waffles cool slightly before coating in sugar. This allows the sugar to sit on top of the waffle instead of getting absorbed into it.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs separated
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1½ sticks salted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together to combine. Add to dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add to batter and gently fold in just until combined.
- Spray nonstick spray on preheat waffle iron. Add batter to waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. My small round iron held ⅓ cup of batter but yours could hold more or less depending on the size of the iron. Repeat with all of the batter.
- Place melted butter in a shallow dish. Add cinnamon and sugar to another shallow dish and stir together. Dip one waffle into the melted butter and let as much of the excess butter drip off as possible. Dip into cinnamon sugar and quickly flip to coat the other side. Repeat with other waffles
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer says
Um yeah – these are addictive in the best way possible. So decadent and absolutely a must for every brunch from now on!
The cinnamon sugar topping on the waffles takes it over the top and makes these waffles great for breakfast, but also dessert. They were delicious with some vanilla ice cream.
These waffles were absolutely delicious. My kids loved them and plan to make them for me for Mother’s Day. They are sweet and delicious!
Loreto and Nicoletta says
We are total breakfast people and the thought of a churro, but in waffle form has us craving these so much. Love the texture flavor, just am all round great luxurious breakfast idea! Thanks for sharing! ❤️
These waffles were so tasty and fun! Just like a churro but much less work. Thanks!
Monica | Nourish and Fete says
Churro waffles, aka pretty much the best way to get my kids excited for breakfast! These are amazing and so fun to make, not to mention delicious of course!
Jacqueline Debono says
These churro waffles are my new favourite breakfast treat. Easy to make and so very good! Love the cinnamon sugar coating!
Oh these sound sooo good! Love that cinnamon sugar crush..definitely one to save for the weekends 😀 These wont last long in my house!
My mouth is watering! These look so crunchy and sweet and cinnamony 😉 Can’t wait to surprise the kids for a snack after school!
These churro waffles were such a hit, and they will be in our “treat breakfast” rotation from now on. Thank you for this recipe.
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
It looks so delicious and easy!This is such an easy and delicious recipe, I cannot wait to make it again!
I made these waffles for breakfast this morning and holy moly were they delicious! Perfectly sweet and the best way to start the day!
These churro waffles were SO delicious and taste just like a churro! The cinnamon sugar coating was my favorite and I want to make another batch to freeze so I always have them on deck!
Oh, my deliciousness! These churro waffles look and sound amazing! My whole family will go crazy for these.
Carrie Robinson says
I usually end up sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on my waffles, so these are definitely right up my alley! 🙂 These would be perfect to make for breakfast this weekend.
fm whatsapp 2023 says
A more meaningful and unique experience for the user results from this. Additionally, FM WhatsApp is regularly updated to ensure that it is up-to-date and free from bugs and security vulnerabilities. As a result, users can enjoy a stable, secure, and feature-rich experience with FM WhatsApp.