Steak & Blue Cheese Pizza – Spice up your pizza game with this steak and blue cheese pizza! Fresh pizza dough is topped with marinara, fresh mozzarella, caramelized red onions, grilled steak and blue cheese to make a dinner that is unforgettable!
Happy Monday!! Did you have an amazing weekend? Watch any football? I watched more pro football this weekend than I’ve probably watched in the last couple of years. I’m a college football girl. But the Atlanta Falcons are in the NFC Championship so I gotta keep watching!!
Now, I know you can agree with me with me when I say pizza is the perfect and easiest food to make for some football watching. But if you’re like me, sometimes you like to get a little crazy with your pizza. That’s why I love making my own pizza at home – I can make it whatever pizza flavor I want!
Today’s recipe is for one of the most flavorful pizzas I’ve ever made at home: steak & blue cheese pizza.
I am such a sucker for anything with steak and blue cheese. If there’s a steak salad on the menu, I am almost guaranteed to order it. There’s just something about the sharp cheese, tender steak, and some yummy balsamic dressing that I just can’t say no too. Add some caramelized red onions and it’s just perfection.
This pizza has a few steps but it’s so simple to make. And since I use store-bought dough and marinara, it’s even easier! I’ll give you some tips on where to find fresh pizza dough below. The only thing you need to prep ahead are the onions and the steak.
The onions are such a game-changer in this recipe. The balsamic vinegar adds an extra layer of flavor during caramelization. And they only take 10 minutes to prep. You really can’t make this pizza without them.
You can cook the steak on the grill but it was super cold the day I made this pizza so I cooked it on the stove. If that’s what you decide to do, too, make sure the pan is super hot so you get a gorgeous crust on the outside. But be careful! This may cause the pan to smoke a little so turn the fan on and/or open the windows.
Here are some extra tips for making this pizza for yourself at home:
- Like I said above, I bought fresh pizza dough instead of making my own. You can find fresh pizza dough in your local grocery store, usually near the bakery or at a pizza shop. Pizza shops will usually sell a ball of fresh dough for a few dollars.
- Speaking of the dough, don’t skip the step where we let the dough come to room temperature. If you try to roll out the dough when it’s still cold, you’ll find that it’s almost impossible. It’s much more malleable when it’s warmer.
- I know some people are iffy about blue cheese. If that’s you, you can easily switch out the blue cheese for feta cheese or Parmesan flakes.
- You do not want to forget to add the Worcestershire sauce to the marinara sauce – it deepens the flavor of the marinara and helps it pair perfectly with the other flavors of the pizza. Trust me.
- Do not add too much marinara sauce to the dough. Otherwise, it will make the dough too soggy. And with all the ingredients on this pizza, that’s the last thing we want. You should only add a thin layer of sauce, where you can still see the dough.
- This pizza can get messy when you’re eating it, so I suggest eating this with a knife and fork.
Alright, guys! I hope you love this pizza! What other crazy pizzas do you love to make at home? Let me know in the comments below.
Here are some more awesome eats I think you’ll enjoy: