This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Verde Chicken Tostada Bites – Round corn tortilla chips are topped with refried black beans, chopped chicken, creamy salsa verde sauce, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Precooked rotisserie chicken and Pace® Salsa Verde help this recipe come together in 20 minutes!
Fall is in full-swing, people! If you have it guessed it by my latest posts, I am baking up a [fall] storm! My trips to Walmart are becoming more and more frequent so I know that means my baking and entertaining has reached a peak this year.
But let’s not forget that with the fall comes football season. Last month, I shared my love of “homegating” with you all. You really can’t beat the watching the game with your family and friends in an air-conditioned room. Plus, I get much more flexibility with my apps because I have an oven handy.
How do you like to watch the football games with friends? Do you usually hang at home or tailgate at the stadium?
Today, I’ve got another great party app that’s perfect for serving for all your homegating needs AND that will be ready in no-time: Verde Chicken Tostada Bites.
As you may have heard me mention before, I love food in bite-sized form, especially when entertaining. It’s almost effortless to serve at a party (no plates required!) and lends itself to snacking. Who wants to commit to a whole tostada when there are tons of yummy foods to try?! I mean, I love tostadas but I love variety more.
This recipe idea came to me because of my obsession with creamy salsa verde. I once had it smothered on a burrito and I fell instantly in love with it. I was floored by the tanginess of the salsa, while also being creamy and spicy. Talk about a flavor explosion!
Since this sauce is mellowed a bit by the addition of sour cream, you need to make sure that the salsa verde used packs enough flavor so it won’t get lost in the sour cream. That’s why I love 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde for this recipe – it has a bold flavor that stands out in any dish. Plus, it has the freshness that I crave in salsa but without all the messiness of preparing it yourself.
Don’t forget Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
I did my shopping at Walmart and found the salsa in the ethnic foods aisle. While I was there, I also made sure to stock up on my other favorite sauce, 24 oz. Pace® Picante Sauce. I love the vibrant color and flavor of this sauce!
If a trip to the brick-and-mortar isn’t in your future, you can always order Pace® online. Hover over the image below to click-through to walmart.com and purchase from the comfort of home!
Now that you know where to buy your Pace®, let’s get into more detail about making this recipe at home.
This recipe is so incredibly easy so cooks of all levels and ages can easily put this together. I’ve done it so many times that I can have it ready in 15 minutes!
All you do is spread round corn tortilla chips with some refried black beans. Then, mix your Pace® Salsa Verde with a little sour cream to make the cream sauce. Next, dice up some cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken) and add to the sauce with some chopped cilantro. Top the black beans with the chicken mixture. Finally, finish of each bite with a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 10 minutes until melted and heated through.
Boom. That’s it!
I know I always give you guys tips to make sure your recreation comes out perfectly. However, this recipe is seriously fool-proof so I really don’t have many for you. But I do have a couple:
- Don’t overload the chips with toppings or else the tortilla will get soggy and hard to eat. You want to keep the portions in a bite-size.
- Make sure you buy seasoned refried black beans. I easily found them canned, but if you can only find them unseasoned, you can simply season with a little salt and pepper before using.
- I love using the yellow corn tortilla chips because they’re extra sturdy and hold all the toppings perfectly.
There you have it – your new favorite party appetizer! For more ideas on how to use my favorite salsas from Pace®, check out the rest of these killer recipes.
Verde Chicken Tostada Bites
- 1 cup Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken (1/2 rotisserie chicken, skin and bone removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped (measure after chopping)
- 35 round corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup seasoned refried black beans (canned)
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place Pace® Salsa Verde in a medium bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to heat through. If salsa is only warm, microwave for another 30 seconds or until hot. Add sour cream and whisk together. Add chicken and cilantro and stir together.
- Lay 35 round corn tortilla chips on prepared baking. Select the flattest chips you can find. Spread a thin layer of seasoned refried black beans on each chip, about 1/2 teaspoon. Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of beans. Finish each chip with a sprinkle of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Sprinkle with a little more chopped cilantro for garnish. Feel free to use extra Pace® Salsa Verde as a dipping sauce!
Pin for later:
More recipes you’ll love:
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Italian Herb Chicken Wings with Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce
Cobb Salad Dip
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
These look.so.good! They look easy to make, too, so I’m looking forward to making them this weekend! Baseball and football to watch 🙂
Thanks so much!
Saving this for later! It is screaming make me, make me!
Let me know how you like it!
Yum! I’ve concocted something similar with plain old tortilla chips since I was a kid – but without the salsa. This is a major upgrade to my old recipe.
Yay! I hope you like the addition of the salsa verde
Joan Cajic says
Oh wow, these look so good and I love how it’s just pick and eat. thank you for the recipe.
You’re so welcome!
These look and sound like perfection! I share your love of bite-sized things. I also llove anything Mexican, or with salsa, or beans, or salsa verde, or queso. Thanks for this recipe, these look absolutely incredible!!
Man, this recipe was made for you!
Marlynn | UrbanBlissLife says
What a fun dish for a party! It’s perfect for football season!
It totally is!
Theresa | Bridesmaids Confession says
I am so trying this as it will be a great way to mix up our taco nights a little.
Sara @ A Mom and her Momtourage says
Minus the beans, this looks right up my alley, we are gonna have to try it one night soon!!
Let me know how you like it!
Yum, yum and yum! I am definitely saving this recipe for a rainy day!
You’re gonna love it!
These look so delicious and so so easy to make! Somehow people always end up at my place for football so I’ll have to keep this recipe handy! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much!
Melissa Pillone says
Oh wow! Looks yummy! Will definitely try this! I’m sure my kids will love this too
Definitely! I made these for my nieces and nephews and they loved them!
Jane Davidson | Typically Jane says
OMG! Yup! This is SO happening this football season. I love the term “homegating”!
Haha glad you like it!
Elise Cohen Ho says
These are just adorable. They are a great size for an appetizer.
Right?! I totally agree!