This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SummertimeCerveza #CollectiveBias
BBQ Chicken Nachos – Made with tortilla chips topped with BBQ chicken, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, fresh tomatoes, sliced red onion, and crispy bacon, these nachos are a fun and easy party snack that is perfect for a crowd!
In my house growing up, summers were about soccer. As I’ve mentioned before, both of my parents grew up in Colombia, so they were huge soccer fans. But what I haven’t talked about before is that my grandparents were immigrants to Colombia from Europe. And soccer is huge there, as well. So we were also busy keeping tabs on the matches for various European teams.
Oh and I can’t forget Spain! My cousins currently live there and have for the last few decades. Soccer in Spain is huuuuuuge and they take it super seriously. I’ll never forget being in Madrid in 2002 and watching the quarterfinals of the soccer games that summer. The neighborhoods shut down to watch the game and for each goal scored, you could hear shouting and screaming coming from all the apartments nearby. The energy was something I’ve never experienced before.
Now that summer is starting, that means more soccer to watch. To get ready for the Beautiful Game this summer, I’m stocking up on my favorite beers and making some incredible party snacks. But not just any snacks – say hello to my BBQ Chicken Nachos!
Have you ever tried BBQ Chicken Pizza? It was the inspiration for these nachos! I’ve had it at a few different restaurants but all the versions have these few basics:
- BBQ sauce
- Red Onions
- A blend of various cheeses
Pizza can feel too heavy sometimes so I decided to recreate the recipe in nachos-form, which makes it ideal for sharing at all your summertime celebrations. And I also added bacon and tomatoes and the BEST dipping sauce to go along with them. I have it on good authority from multiple sources (including myself) that this dipping sauce takes the nachos to a whole other level. So don’t skip it!
Here are a couple other tips to consider when making your nachos:
- Make sure you cut the chicken into small pieces. Remember – this chicken will go on top of nachos so you don’t want the pieces to be too large or else you won’t be able to eat them in one bite.
- Speaking of the chicken – I suggest using a mild BBQ sauce because the chili powder we use on the chicken will be more than enough heat. If you realize that you want more spice, just add some hot sauce at the end, to taste.
- There are a few toppings that go on the nachos, so I suggest prepping those before you get going on the chicken, just to make your life easier. That way – once the chicken is done – you can just top the tortillas chips with everything and then bake.
Now, let’s get to the beer. Modelo is one of my favorite summertime beers because it’s so light and refreshing, yet full of flavor. Therefore, it makes for the best beer to wash down these nachos because it will only compliment the nachos and not overpower them (and vice-a-versa).
I love to have my Modelo Especial with with a slice of lime to add even more refreshing flavor. But sometimes I like to go with a bolder flavor so I grab a lager-esque Modelo Negra. How do you enjoy yours?
If this is your first time buying Modelo, you can easily locate it in the beer aisle of your local grocery store. Modelo Especial and Modelo Negra are typically sold in 12-packs boxes and/or 6-packs, so make sure to check both shelves for what they have in stock.
Alrighty guys…now you’ve got your perfect beer and snack combo for summer. How excited are you to try it out?! Let me know how much you love it by commenting below!
BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup + 1 teaspoon BBQ sauce divided
- 13 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add diced chicken and spices together in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Heat medium saute pan over medium high heat with canola oil. Once oil is hot, add coated chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce and continue to cook until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place all the tortilla chips evenly on a large baking sheet. Layer on the chicken with a little of the residual sauce. Cover with shredded cheese, red onion slices, diced tomatoes, and cooked bacon crumbles. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the nachos bake, mix together the remaining 1 teaspoon of BBQ sauce with 1/2 cup sour cream. This will be used as the dipping sauce.
- Remove nachos from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately with dipping sauce and your favorite Modelo beer.
Pin for later:
More recipes that you’ll love: