This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeeHowFreshWorks #CollectiveBias
Cobb Salad Dip – A creamy ranch dip covered in your favorite toppings from a traditional cobb salad. The perfect appetizer for game days, summer parties, and barbecues!
I don’t know about you guys, but my July is JAM. PACKED. I’ve got visitors staying with us every single weekend this month. I love hosting company so I am excited to have a constant revolving door this month. But I also gotta make sure to have enough food for my guests. Therefore, I’ll be even more of a regular at my local Kroger as I try to keep my fridge constantly stocked.
To make sure my produce stays perfectly fresh this month, I am using my new favorite storage containers from Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™. I first learned about these through my mother-in-law who is OBSESSED with them. She kept raving about them over dinner one night so when we finished eating, we immediately went and bought a couple for me at to try out at home.
And she wasn’t kidding! My produce lasted wayyy longer than normal (up to 80% longer*) through its Patented FreshVent™ Technology, which really helped me out because I don’t have time to keep going back to the store when my lettuce gets limp or my strawberries begin to get mushy.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
So how do these produce savers work? The FreshVent™ technology allows additional oxygen in, creating the optimal environment to maintain fresh produce. And then there’s the green Crisp Tray™ on the bottom that keeps produce elevated above moisture to prevent premature spoiling.
Because I have crisp lettuce available to me for most of the month, I am able to make this incredible Cobb Salad Dip for each one of my guests this month. It’s one of my favorite dips that is PERFECT for summer weather since it’s a cold dip. Hot dips are yummy too, but sometimes you just want something cool and refreshing rather than warm and heavy.
I first had this dip when a friend of mine brought it to our football party months ago. Literally after just one bite – JUST ONE – I fell deeply in love. It has all the flavors and textures of a cobb salad but in an easy-to-serve dip. I’m talking crunchy bacon, tangy blue cheese, creamy avocados, juicy tomatoes, and, of course, crispy lettuce. You can serve with corn chips or tortilla chips but corn chips are my absolute favorite with this dip because of the extra crunch.
This dip was one of the first things to go at the party so I know it’s going to be a hit with all of my guests this month. I’ve made it a couple times this summer for my husband and I to enjoy and it even got him to enjoy blue cheese. What a miracle! I never thought I’d see the day!
To make sure this dip turns out perfectly for your next summer party, check out these tips:
- You can make this dip up to 1 day in advance. However, I advise that you add bacon and avocado right before serving so the bacon doesn’t soften and the avocado doesn’t turn brown.
- Since this is a layered dip, I suggest serving in a flat, even surface, like a pie pan, which is what I used. You can also use a square baking dish or something similar. I wouldn’t recommend a bowl, however, since it will be tough to get all the layers in one bite because of the rounded bottom.
- Make sure the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and bacon are chopped in bite-sized pieces so they fit on a chip. You don’t want your guests to take a scoop of the dip and then realize there’s no way they’re going to be able to chew everything.
Alright, guys. That’s all there is to this dip! Super simple right?! Make sure to pick up your Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ containers at Kroger to keep your lettuce crisp, just like I did. You can find them easily in the food storage aisle. And, while supplies last, you can get $2 off your FreshWorks™ through Ibotta!
Oh and in case your looking for recipe inspiration and more information on FreshWorks™, check out their site here. These containers have been life-changing for me and I know they’ll be for you too! Make sure to let me know how they’ve made a place in your fridge by commenting below!
Cobb Salad Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup romaine chopped
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles (about 4-5 slices cooked and crumbled)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- corn chips for serving
- Stir cream cheese, sour cream, and packet of ranch seasoning together in a medium bowl until combined. Spread into the bottom of a pie pan. Top with romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, corn, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, crumbled bacon, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately with corn chips. If serving later, place in fridge but wait to add bacon and avocado right before serving.
Pin for later:
More recipes that you’ll love: