Avocado Margaritas – Avocado is added to a classic margarita with a little melon liquor to make for a creamy, fun take on the Mexican cocktail.
Summertime is here! The days are long and hot and sometimes the best thing to get you through them is a refreshing cold drink. I love a margarita and especially a new take on one.
This Avocado Margarita is exactly that. It has all the classic ingredients of a margarita – lime juice, agave, tequila, orange liquor, salt – and a few new ones – melon liquor and avocado. The addition of the new ingredients gives the margarita a creamy texture and different take on the sweet and sour flavor. it’s the perfect addition to any hot summer day.
Here is the Avocado Margarita!
Tips & Tricks
- Melon liquor. I actually struggled to find melon liquor, like Midori. I settled for watermelon liquor and it worked just as well.
- Drink immediately. Because avocado has a thick, creamy consistency, it will separate from the liquid in the drink over time. Therefore, you cannot make it ahead of time and need to drink immediately after making it.
- Fresh lime juice. It is so important to use fresh juice in all drinks. There is a very noticeable difference between a jar/carton of juice and juice squeezed fresh. For margaritas, you always have to go fresh.
- ¾ medium avocado
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 ounces orange liquor
- 3 ounces melon liquor
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce agave syrup
- 1½ cups ice
- Take the serving glass and dip into a shallow bowl with a ¼-inch of water. Then, dip into another shallow bowl with Himalayan pink salt. Repeat with a second glass. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glasses. Drink immediately.