Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers – Grilled shrimp skewers covered in a spicy, creamy, sweet chili sauce. Perfect for the summer barbecues!
Today’s recipe is brought to you by the spectacular grilling machine, otherwise known as a grill.
Check out these yummy Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers!
Have you heard of Bang Bang Shrimp before? They are a fried shrimp appetizer that are coated in a creamy, spicy sauce that gained popularity from an upscale seafood restaurant chain.
I credit these shrimp for getting me to like spicy foods. See, fried foods can change the world!
Since frying at home isn’t my favorite AND I just love grilling so much, I transformed this recipe into grilled skewers. And they’re extra healthy because they don’t have the breaded coating. But don’t worry – they still have the same creamy sauce covering every square inch.
To make these skewers, all you need to do is skewer the shrimp on damp wooden skewers, cook on high heat for 4-6 minutes, and then coat in the creamy sauce once they’ve come off the grill. The sauce is simply a combination of sriracha, mayo, and sweet chili sauce. That’s all there is to it!
Because the shrimp are allocated on medium skewers, they’re super easy to serve at summer barbeques and parties. I also love my grilled cilantro lime chicken skewers for that reason, too. Plus, they take literally minutes to make so they are simple to grill up once guests have arrived.
To make sure these skewers turn out amazingly, check out these tips below:
- Make sure to give the sauce a taste test before coating the shrimp. I found mine to be too mild so I kept adding more and more sriracha. You may want yours a little spicier, too.
- Don’t forget to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before adding the shrimp and grilling. It will keep the skewers from catching fire during the grilling process.
- Shrimp can taste rubbery when reheated so I don’t recommend making these ahead of time. They take very little time to cook so it won’t save much time anyway.
There you have it – an amazing new grilling recipe to prepare this summer! Let me know how much you love it by commenting below.
Here are all the kitchen tools and serveware that I used in today’s recipe. For each item sold below, I make a small commission. I only recommend items that I own and love so you can trust that each recommendation is tried and true. Thank you for supporting CPA!
Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound raw shrimp thawed, devieined
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- diced scallions for garnish
- 10 medium wooden skewers
- Soak medium wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before adding shrimp. Remove from water and dry on a paper towel. Preheat grill to high.
- Prepare sauce by whisking mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha together. Set aside.
- Place shrimp on skewers until you have an inch on either end (mine fit about 3 shrimp per skewer). Brush shrimp with oil on both sides to keep from sticking to grill. Place on preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until bright pink. Remove from grill.
- Brush each skewer of shrimp with bang bang sauce. Make sure to get both sides! Serve shrimp immediately, with extra sauce on the side.
This post originally appeared on Julie’s Eats and Treats, where I am a regular contributor.
Pin for later:
More grilling recipes you’ll love: