No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cups – Mini cups are layered with Mint Oreo crumbs, mint Oreo cheesecake, and whipped cream to make a yummy green dessert that’s perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations
As promised, I have another festive St. Patrick’s Day treat for you! But first, did you have a chance to make these Irish Cream Chocolate Doughnuts?! You guys have been blowing up my social media comments about how incredible they look, which I was so glad to hear. Make sure to send me pics when you’ve tried them out!
For today’s festive treat, it’s a little bit of a surprise because it breaks one of my rules – making a no-bake dessert. I never trusted no-bake desserts, probably because they never came out taking worthy of time-saved. I rather spend an extra hour or so baking a dessert and having it taste incredible.
Well, my viewpoint changed tremendously when I went to a food conference last year. I had the chance to try a non-bake cheesecake shooter from Julianne Bayer from the blog Beyond Frosting. She was promoting a recipe from her new cookbook so, being that I never turn down free food, I gave it a shot. I absolutely loved it! It had an incredible texture, plus that graham cracker crust you crave with cheecake. It wasn’t gloopy or too fluffy, like I originally expected it to be.
So I’ve given the idea of no-bake cheesecakes another shot, especially when they’re served in little shooters or cups because that’s something you can’t do with baked cheesecake. As a result, I have developed a yummy green version of one of my favorite cheesecakes. Check out my No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cups!
My favorite part about this cheesecake, aside from how easy it is to make, it the flavor. It has all my favorite things about Oreo cheesecake but with a slight hint of mint. My husband, who doesn’t really like mint desserts, couldn’t stop eating it! His favorite part about these cups was the thick, creamy texture of the cheesecake.
If you’ve never made no-bake cheesecake before, it has all the components of a cheesecake, except for the eggs and cream. So that’s why there’s no need to bake it. To assemble, you just add crushed mint Oreo cookie crumbles to the bottom of your serving cups. Then, you add the cheesecake mixture, smooth out, and finish with a layer of whipped cream that I’ve colored a perfect mint green.
Oh and don’t forget to save some whole mint Oreos for garnishing!
Here are some tips to remember when making these cheesecake cups:
- Cream cheese is super hard to mix when it’s cold so make sure to let it get to room temperature outside the fridge before you begin mixing.
- I used a food processor to break up my mint Oreos into crumbs, but you can just as easily place them in a large bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
- Make sure you give yourself enough time to chill the cups before serving. Since the cream cheese is room temperature when you make the filling, we want to make sure to chill it again to get it nice and thick before enjoying.
And there you have it – another great treat to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day. Or hey, you can make it anytime you’re craving a minty chocolate dessert!
No-bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cups
- 24 mint Oreos divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place 18 of the mint Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they've turned into crumbs. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the crumbs and set aside. Using the remaining crumbs, place half in the bottom of 6 small cups and press into the cups. Save the rest for topping.
- Place 1/4 cup of sugar, all of the cream cheese, and peppermint extract in a bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the 1/4 cup of mint Oreo crumbs that we reserved in step 1 and about 8 drops of food coloring. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture until the crumbs are evenly disbursed. It's okay it the green is marbled and not completely mixed in.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into 6 cups. Gently tap down cups to make the cream cheese mixture an even layer. Set aside while we make the whipped cream.
- Add whipping cream to a clean bowl for a stand mixer with vanilla extract. Begin beating on medium. Slowly add remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Add 5 drops of green food coloring. Increase beating speed and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add whipped cream to the prepared cups and spread into an even layer using a spoon. Top each cup with one whole mint Oreo and a 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining crumbs. Refrigerate until chilled through, about 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Pin for later:
More recipes that you’ll love: