Nutella Cream Pie – This no-bake pie is made with Nutella, cream cheese, and whipped topping and then filled in an Oreo pie crust.
Nutella is a miracle ingredient. I really don’t use it enough. When added to pastry, it can make incredible breakfast treats. Spread it on waffles with a little fruit, and you’ve got a fancy snack. For today’s recipe, I am adding it to cream cheese and whipped topping and pouring into a crust for the more decadent no-bake pie you’ve ever had.
I am not usually one for loving a no-bake pie, but this Nutella Cream Pie changed everything. It was full of flavor and the texture was unmatched, especially when frozen! You can keep it just refrigerated but the texture is more like pudding and I preferred the firmer texture straight from the freezer.
Without further ado, here is my Nutella Cream Pie!
Tips & Tricks
- Press the crust firmly in the pan. The ensure a crust forms properly. you must press the crumbs together firmly into the pan. This is best done with your hands.
- Room temperature cream cheese. If you use cold cream cheese, you will get lumps in your pie. It’s so important that you use room temperature cream cheese to ensure the mixture is as smooth as can be.
- Whipped topping is essential. I have long been a whipped cream snob and NEVER use whipped topping. However, it is much more stable in this pie and will not “weep” when chilled. So it’s a must for this recipe to ensure the right consistency is achieved.
Nutella Cream Pie
For the crust:
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
- 8 ounces block cream cheese room temperature
- 1½ cups Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Place whole Oreos in a food processor and grind into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl and add sugar and melted butter. Use a fork to mix together evenly. Dump into greased pie pan and press crumbs firmly into the pie pan and up the sides to form a packed crust.
- Bake crust in preheated over for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding the filling.
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using a paddle attachment, beat until fluffy and all lumps are gone, about 2 minutes. Add Nutella and whip together with vanilla and salt until smooth, about 2 more minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold in 3/4 of the whipped topping. Pour into cooled pie crust. Place in freezer to chill for 4 hours.
- Before serving, top with the rest of the whipped topped. Add chocolate shavings for garnish. Slice and serve.